Museum Behind the Walls is a program for children and youth that teaches the participants to understand the significance and history of urban history and symbolic space. The program was designed to develop visual literacy, artistic research strategies and means of interpretation. It consisted of the series of theoretical classes in Pinchuk Art Center and practical tours around the city.
The course was built around several key topics
– Archive in post-Soviet cities
– Politics of memory in production of spaces
– Estrangement of urban spaces as a result of forgetting
– Re-establishment of memories through private stories and historical facts
– Art practices in the urban space
The program was realized in the partnership with Pinchuk Art Center